Sunday, January 20, 2013

Smart Girls Find Loopholes

I was completely and utterly distraught watching the final episode of Gossip Girl last December.  Gossip Girl was like a dream/fantasy to me.  Watching the drama and love between Manhattan's elite unfold before me was how I loved to spend my Monday nights.  Not only was the cast dreamy, but the clothing, the clothing is what really sold me.  I don't know how many times I've told my friends how much I would love to spend just 10 minutes in Blair Waldorf's closet!  My heart jumped when B wore that gorgeous Elie Saab dress for her wedding (goodness, Chuck and Blair finally ended up together). Simply watching Gossip Girl made me feel like I too was living in New York City.  I don't know why, but I just felt so attached to this show and when it was over, I could not accept that anything would be as good as it.  Especially the show that would be replacing it!

I don't know what convinced me to watch The Carrie Diaries (a.k.a. the show replacing the one-and-only Gossip Girl every Monday night), but boy, oh-boy am I glad I did!  I instantly fell in love with this show.  Like Gossip Girl, The Carrie Diaries is full of interesting fashions, personalities, and it is set in New York!  The Carrie Diaries follows young Carrie Bradshaw (yes, the Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City) in her teen years.  I think one of the reasons I have fallen in love with this show is because it is so relatable. Carrie is trying to find herself and is in the midst of her fashion revelation.  Lately I've been telling myself that I would love to get an internship and see where it takes me, similar to Carrie Bradshaw.  Hopefully my dreams will come true, just as Carrie's are.




x o x o,
     Julia


Watch The Carrie Diaries tomorrow night at 8 on the CW!

No comments:

Post a Comment