Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Let The Games Begin


New York Fashion Week starts tomorrow!  Just take a moment and breath that in. I don't know about you, but I have been counting down the days.  Fall Ready To Wear shows are definitely my favorites.  I don't know why, I just feel a tighter connection to fall than spring and the clothing seems more put together.  I wished I lived in New York City and could experience the Fashion Week vibe first hand.  I can just imagine the models in their oh-so-chic off duty looks, the magazine editors and personnel running around to every-which show, and inhaling and exhaling the cool, crisp New York air.  Sadly, I am stuck on the West Coast in the moody weather of California (the forecast predicts rain when its been slightly warm thus far?!).  I guess I'll have to make it work with my Style.com app and I suppose I will be alright because tomorrow I will also be distracted with the fact that I am officially going to be sixteen years-old.  The mere thought of that number frightens me.  However, NYFW starts on February 7 and Julia's birthday is February 7; maybe it was meant to be that one day, maybe one day I will be involved in the industry and too join the crowds attending Fashion Week.  Recently it has been my dream to work at a fashion magazine or get an internship with a company that is involved in fashion and see where it leads me. It is every girls dream to sit front row at a fashion show and I hope that one day my dream will come!

With Love,
     Julia


Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2013 schedule

February 07
Nicholas K
Todd Snyder
BCBGMAXAZRIA
Richard Chai Love and Chai Men's
Timo Weiland Women's
Tadashi Shoji
Candela 
David Hart
Sergio Davila
Edun
Concept Korea
Timo Weiland Men's
Kenneth Cole

February 08
Czar by Cesar Galindo
Project Runway
Carmen Marc Valvo
Noon by Noor
Nautica
Monika Chiang
Rebecca Minkoff
Ian Velardi
Tommy Hilfiger
Nichole Miller
Charlotte Ronson 
Academy of Art University
PARKCHOONMOO

February 09
Ruffian
Marissa Webb
Lacoste
Jill Stuart
Second/Layer
Son Jung Wan
Mara Hoffman
Rafael Cennamo
Hervé Léger by Max Azria
Katya Leonovich
Raif Adelberg
Aldon Livne
Monique Lhuillier
Venexian

February 10 
Nina Skarra
Lela Rose
DKNY
Tracy Reese
Trina Turk
Custo Barcelona
Diane Von Furstenberg
Joanna Mastroianni
Y-3
Vivienne Tam
Zac Posen 
David Tlale
Ralph Rucci
Emerson by Jackie Fraser-Swan

February 11
ICB by Prabal Gurung
Mathieu Mirano
Carolina Herrera
Pamella Roland
Donna Karan New York
Hernan Lander
KAUFMANFRANCO
DL1961
Betsey Johnson
Reem Acra

February 12
Tory Burch
J.Crew
Steven Alan
Badgley Mischka
Vera Wang
Jenny Packham
Diesel Black Gold
Adeam
Naeem Khan
Dennis Basso
Elie Tahari
Vantan Toyko

February 13
Bibhu Mohapatra
Brandon Sun
Michael Kors
Nanette Lepore
Rachel Zoe
J. Mendel
Leather Japan
Milly by Michelle Smith
Falguni and Shane Peacock
Anna Sui
Clover Canyon
Zang Toi
Ricardo Seco
B Michael America

February 14
Ralph Lauren
Calvin Klein Collection

blod are the shows I, personally am most looking forward to seeing.  I also hope to see Cara Delevingne breaking through on the American runway and of course Karlie Kloss and Ming Xi!

No comments:

Post a Comment