Monday, February 4, 2013

Crowned Jules


16 is an extremely scary number.  Turning 16 is even more frightening to me; however, my party made me forget it all.  On Saturday, my friends and family helped me celebrate my 16th birthday (my actual birthday is on Thursday, February 7).  We took a limo into the city and toured around San Francisco.  I had never been inside a limo prior to my party and I am going to be completely honest, I felt like I was in Gossip Girl.  All of my friends looked so gorgeous and glamorous with their pretty dresses and Martinelli’s filled champagne glasses.  My parents gave me a Polaroid camera right before we got into the limo so my friends and I snapped loads of pictures with my new favorite accessory!  My Polaroid is my baby and I am absolutely obsessed with it.  I got the Polaroid 300 in black.  It is the cutest little thing and produces that cutest little pictures.  While in the limo, we blasted our music (singing, well rapping along to Thrift Shop was absolutely hilarious) and were pretending to be some hardcore partygoers, even though we are just a bunch of geeky-preparatory-school kids.

I was really excited to wear my new dress from Topshop!  It is a black dress with silver shoulder embellishments.  I fell in love with this dress when I saw it on their website and I knew I had to wear it to my party.  I paired my dress with a pair of new black heels from Guess, to finish off my birthday suit  

While in San Francisco, we made pit stops at a few of the major tourist attractions before we made our way to our dinner reservations at The Slanted Door in the Ferry Building.  We made out first stop at Treasure Island as we were coming into the city, followed by Twin Peaks, The Palace of Fine Arts Theater, Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square.  As a girl from the bay, I actually had never been to Twin Peaks, Treasure Island, nor The Palace of Fine Arts Theater, so I was so much fun to explore sites right in my backyard.  





looking up at the beautiful Palace of Fine Arts Theater 

top of Twin Peaks

Limo Time!

with my favorite girl band

Treasure Island

one of my favorite shots from the day

just a couple of the many polaroids we took

With Love,
     Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment